Note: All courses will offer opportunity to discuss individual behaviours of concern and support plans.
Name of Course:
Annual Update: Challenging Behaviour and Positive Behaviour Support
Length/duration of course:
1 day 6 hours average contact time.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Work in accordance with the RESPECT philosophy of supportive and ethical solutions – a focus on pro-active strategies to minimise or reduce behaviours that challenge.
- Have the opportunity to reflect on their initial training and any existing concerns or issues including the impact the training has had within the workplace.
- Further enhance their skills through real-life case studies in order to create a behaviour assessment to minimise or eliminate the need for physical intervention and restrictive practice and implement positive behaviour support.
- Recap on their understanding on the legal issues relating to physical intervention and ensure compliance with the law.
- Refresh relevant physical skills and health and safety considerations
All staff working with this client group including residential, day settings, fieldwork.
This level is designed for staff in all risk settings – statutory, voluntary and private sector.
To enquire about this course, please visit our Contact page.