Name of course:
Instructor/Instructor Specialised Level:– All service areas
Length/duration of course:
Instructor: 5 days. 30 hours average contact time.
Instructor Specialised: 8 days. 48 hours average contact time.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Work in accordance with the RESPECT philosophy and BILD Code of Practice for trainers to implement a culture of supportive and ethical solutions – a focus on pro-active strategies to minimise or reduce behaviours that challenge.
- Implement the Service Level Agreement which underpins the partnership between your organisation and Respect
- Understand what is required in order to be an effective RESPECT instructor
- Know how to structure and prepare a Respect session up to 2 day Foundation Level
- Understand the core theory components within the taught Respect curriculum
- Apply a range of methods to enhance the impact of the RESPECT theory and bring messages to life
- Gain an overview of the training needs analysis and how this will drive your organisations training programme
- Understand the requirement for the completion of all paperwork associated with all levels of Respect training
- Via assessment, demonstrate competency in the full portfolio of Respect physical interventions and release techniques
- Understand issues relating to reasonable force and the law and be able to communicate this to others
- Prepare a full lesson plan and deliver an overview of this session (including presentation material and handouts)
Staff who have completed levels:
- 2 day Foundation (for 5 day instructor) and
- 4 day Foundation Plus (for 7 day Instructor Specialised) and who work in a training role.
There is an application process for this level of training.
- 5 day course – Designed for staff training in low to medium risk residential, day and fieldwork settings – statutory, voluntary and private sector
- 7 day course – Designed for staff training in medium to high risk residential, day and fieldwork settings – statutory, voluntary and private sector
To enquire about this course, please visit our Contact page.